Tuesday, June 1, 2010

University of British Columbia

My research topic takes me to this campus, situated in the very west edge of the Vancouver area. The name of this campus reminds me of the time I stayed in Victoria several years ago when my aunt, a doctor student in education in University of Victoria, told me of the three best Canadian universities, UBC being one of them. My early impression of UBC is vague, and this could be the unveiling experience of the campus.
Well, the initial experience in not unveiling at all. The drizzling masked the campus with irritating stings on my forehead and raindrops on my glasses. I am constantly distracted by the muddy pathways that stained my shoes. "This is not the typical campus I see elsewhere in the U.S.", I thought. More precisely, it feels closer to nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment